Posted by Dave
Rap News Network
11/30/2006 12:26:32 PM
Tags and topics realted to this article include Snoop Dogg, Nelly Furtado and Jibbs. Hip Hop, Rap, Events, Web Sites and Music Services.
URGE, MTV Networks' digital music service, today unveiled its upcoming programming slate for the remainder of the year, a schedule that includes: exclusive tracks from Nelly Furtado, Snoop Dogg, Jibbs, Joan Osborne, Tori Amos and the Doors; exclusive DJ mix sets; a look back at 2006; special holiday-themed radio stations, and in-depth features on artists across all genres.
New exclusives debuting in November and December include:
* Nelly Furtado's performance of her new single, "Say It Right," on MTV's "TRL;"
* Snoop Dogg's live performance of "Vato" from his appearance on MTV's "Life & Rhymes;"
* Jibbs' hit "Chain Hang Low" from MTV's "Discover & Download Live;"
* Joan Osborne's "Dust Into Ashes." The bonus track is from her new album "Pretty Little Stranger;"
* Tori Amos' new single, "Take Me With You," available one week prior to its release as part of a new box set, "A Piano: The Collection;"
* A previously unreleased version of "Roadhouse Blues" from the forthcoming Doors box set, "Perception," which hits store shelves on Nov. 21. Additionally, excerpts from Ben Fong-Torres' just-released book, "The Doors By The Doors (with Ben Fong-Torres)," on the storied band will appear on URGE beginning Nov. 21;
* The "Van Wilder II: The Rise of Taj" movie soundtrack, available only on URGE prior to its in-store release on Nov. 21;
* A live version of "It's Not Your Fault" from New Found Glory's recent MTV.com live session;
* A new DJ mix set from Norwegian recording artist Lindstrom, as part of URGE's Digital Decks electronics franchise. Later this year, Digital Decks will add new material from Logistics, the fast-rising DJ from the UK's Hospital Records label; and
* Playlists and features on television's newest odd couple from MTV's breakout hit program, "Rob and Big."
As the year winds down, the countdowns gear up. In its first annual "The Year In ... " expanded feature, URGE will spotlight the hottest albums, bands and blockbuster songs that defined 2006, as chosen by URGE's experts across the musical spectrum. In addition, specially themed holiday programming also will take center stage, with dozens of new playlists and radio stations to help all music fans celebrate the spirit of the season.
In keeping with its mission of immersing fans in all things music, URGE also will introduce in-depth interviews and features on artists who define their genres. Signature articles coming online include:
* A Q&A with pop/Latin crossover artist Ricky Martin, who recently was featured in an MTV Tr3s "Unplugged" special;
* Stories examining upcoming soul music artists and songwriters Stephanie McKay, J-Shin and Governor;
* A "Meet Booka Shade" feature providing insight into the production duo's electronic/dance roots; and
* In-depth features on: New Orleans hip-hop master Lil' Wayne; Latin hip-hop band Tres Coronas; the new wave of young, urban British musicians (Lily Allen, M.I.A., and The Streets); and guitarist/singer-songwriter Chris Cornell, frontman of the rock bands Soundgarden and Audioslave.
Find out more about Snoop Dogg. Other items you may find on Snoop Dogg include updates, news, multimedia, chat, links and more. Click here...
Find out more about Nelly Furtado. Other items you may find on Nelly Furtado include updates, news, multimedia, chat, links and more. Click here...
Find out more about Jibbs. Other items you may find on Jibbs include updates, news, multimedia, chat, links and more. Click here...
More articles related to the topic Hip Hop can be found here.
More articles related to the topic Rap can be found here.
More articles related to the topic Events can be found here.
More articles related to the topic Web Sites can be found here.
More articles related to the topic Music Services can be found here.